Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Shirley performed "In Love In Vain" at Jimmy Maks Jazz Society of Oregon's Hall of Fame Induction -- April 18, 2013.

   

JSO HOF -- Jazz Society of Oregon Hall of Fame

Shirley Nanette performed at Jimmy Maks on the occasion of her induction into the Jazz Society of Oregon's Hall of Fame -- April 18, 2013. She was performing with Timothy Rap on Drums, Vince Frates on Piano and Bill Athens on Bass.

Shirley Nanette - Vocalist Extraordinaire -- www.shirleynanette.com
Timothy Rap - Drums -- www.facebook.com/timothy.rap
Vince Frates - Piano -- www.vincefrates.com
Bill Athens - Bass -- www.facebook.com/billathensmusic

Lincoln Lab Portland, Shawn Kirkeby - video and social media -- www.shawnkirkeby.com
"In Love In Vain"
Words/Music by Leo Robin/Jerome Kern

It's only human for anyone to want to be in love,
Who wants to be in love in vain?
At night you hang around the house and eat your heart out,
And cry your eyes out
And wrack your brain.

You sit and wonder how anyone as wonderful as he
Could cause you such misery and pain.

I thought that I would be in heaven,
But I'm only up a tree,

'Cause it's just my luck to be in love in vain.

You sit and wonder how anyone as wonderful as he
Could cause you such misery and pain.

I thought that I would be in heaven,
But I'm only up a tree,

'Cause its just my luck to be in love, just my luck to be in love

It's just my luck to be in love,
in vain.


Maria Mitchell (August 1, 1818 – June 28, 1889) (pron: [mə'raɪə]) was an American astronomer who, in 1847, by using a telescope, discovered a comet which as a result became known as "Miss Mitchell's Comet". She won a gold medal prize for her discovery which was presented to her by King Frederick VII of Denmark. The medal said, 

Not in vain do we watch the setting and rising of the stars."

-- wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!